DigitalOcean has changed the way teams and individuals host applications and other web development projects. It is a distinct type of hosting that eliminates the need to maintain your own development infrastructure by utilising robust and dependable cloud hosting. DigitalOcean has also made this one-of-a-kind type of hosting more cheap. So why would anyone require DigitalOcean alternatives?
However, like with any technological systems, some customers desire a lower pricing, more storage, or unique features. That is why we have compiled a list of the finest DigitalOcean alternatives accessible right now.
Are you in a hurry? Here are the top DigitalOcean alternatives we’ll look at:
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
The most trustworthy alternatives provide a type of cloud hosting designed exclusively for developers. Some are less costly, while others are just “different” from DigitalOcean, the industry standard. Finding diverse programmes, like the Googles and Microsofts of the world, provides for a less cookie-cutter answer, and it’s always wonderful to have competition.
How DigitalOcean Alternatives Are Different From Regular Web Hosting
A Google search for “DigitalOcean alternatives” yields an astonishing array of hosting choices that are not similar.
Incorrect articles frequently recommend Bluehost, DreamHost, or other comparable shared hosting providers as direct DigitalOcean equivalents.
Although some traditional hosting firms provide cloud hosting, they are not generally geared for development. Furthermore, you risk missing out on capabilities provided by real cloud hosting providers such as DigitalOcean and its rivals.
The following are the key distinctions between cloud hosting and traditional web hosting:
- You’ll get scalable virtual hosting.
- Your workload is distributed among a network of servers.
- You are not reliant on a single server, resulting in a more secure, reliable, and high-performance environment.
- In most cases, you pay just for what you use.
- You normally have the option of choosing between dedicated and shared hosting.
- You frequently share a single server’s resources.
- Security flaws and degraded performance are becoming more common.
- Typically, you pay for a predetermined amount of processing and storage.
Best DigitalOcean Alternatives in 2022
- Google Cloud
- Amazon Web Services
DigitalOcean Alternative #1 -- Vultr
Because of its flexibility to create projects locally and deliver them globally, Vultr is a good DigitalOcean option. The cloud hosting service has 17 sites worldwide, and cloud computing starts at $2.50 per month.
For the ultimate SSD-backed storage solution, Vultr delivers cloud computing, bare metal dedicated servers, and block storage. The firm is well-known for its enterprise-class security and performance, as well as its sleek dashboard and prompt customer service.
Why Vultr is The Best Digital Ocean Alternative
- Outstanding worldwide performance -It makes no difference where you create your new software, from Chicago to Tokyo. The Vultr network enables global scaling on a low-latency infrastructure.
- Multi-device – Access the servers and change the server type using your tablet, PC, or smartphone.
- Security and privacy – The Vultr network provides segmentation in several private networks.
- A dashboard designed for team management – To manage your API access, team tasks, and server health, use the contemporary dashboard with single sign-on features.
- Support for major operating systems, including Windows, Ubuntu, and CoreOS. You may upload an infinite number of ISOs for various operating systems.
- Powerful addons – Select from addons such as firewalls, DDoS protection, backups, and more.
- Cutting-edge technology – For maximum performance, Vultr employs Intel CPUs and solid-state SSDs.
Vultr offers the following goods and services:
- Cloud computing
- Dedicated servers
- Object storage
- Block storage
- A dedicated cloud
- Load balancers
Each product has its own price that can be seen on the Vultr website.
The cost for cloud computing is adjustable and depending on SSD and RAM consumption, however here are some examples:
- Prices start at $2.50 per month for a 10 GB SSD with 512 MB RAM.
- $20/month for an 80GB SSD and 4GB RAM. This includes two CPUs and three terabytes of bandwidth.
- Monthly fees of up to $640 for a 1600 GB SSD, 96 GB RAM, 24 CPU, and 15 TB bandwidth.
Best DigitalOcean Alternative #2 -- Kamatera
Kamatera offers cloud servers, private networks, and other services, making it a possible DigitalOcean substitute. The cloud servers from Kamatera are not only adaptable and high-performance, but they are also cost-effective and ideal for any sophisticated cloud system.
A telephone system is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide customer service. You may also contact the firm through email or browse the various knowledge base articles to solve difficulties on your own.
What Makes Kamatera The Top DigitalOcean Alternative
- Rapid configuration – It simply takes a few minutes for Kamatera to connect to a cloud server. The organisation assists with migrations and offers consultancy as well as instructional training.
- Monitoring and backups – They keep your infrastructure safe and ready to restart if something goes wrong.
- A handy dashboard – This section is useful for assigning roles, installing servers, and granting oneself root access for continuous administration.
- Managed cloud services – You may collaborate with Kamatera to create custom solutions for your company. This eliminates the need for you to manage servers and reduces your workload when it comes to things like web servers, operating systems, and load balancers.
- Disaster recovery – From cyber assaults to equipment failures, Kamatera has a mechanism in place to save your data and restore it in the event of a disaster. This tool includes features such as database saving, data replication, and one-click restore.
- Cloud block storage – Use a scalable storage solution in conjunction with your cloud hosting.
- Load balancer – To provide the greatest speed possible, all work is dispersed throughout a network of servers.
Kamatera price, like many cloud hosting providers, is based on the amount of RAM, SSD storage, and CPUs needed.
We recommend visiting the Build Your Own Server page to get an idea of how much it will cost your firm to use Kamatera as an alternative to DigitalOcean.
Here are some cost samples based on popular configurations:
- $4 per month for a single CPU, 1024 MB of RAM, and a 20 GB SSD
- Add $45/month for two CPUs, 4096 MB of RAM, and a 350 GB SSD.
- $214 monthly for 6 CPUs, 32,768 MB RAM, and a 1000 GB SSD.
- $1,534 monthly for 72 CPUs, 131,072 MB RAM, and a 4000 GB SSD
With Kamatera pricing, flexibility is essential. The above examples cover a wide variety of possibilities. There is a price range and feature package to meet every demand.
Additional upsells from Kamatera include an extended daily backup, operating system add-ons, included internet bandwidth, and a fully managed cloud hosting solution.
Best DigitalOcean Alternative #3 -- Google Cloud
Google is also in the cloud hosting business, providing developers with access to its world-class infrastructure. There are also several managed hosting providers that repackage or resell Google Cloud to thousands of additional clients.
Google Cloud, as you might expect, provides a high-performance package as well as support for massive migrations and heavy workloads. It safeguards your data using anti-malware, multi-layered protection, and continuous threat detection.
Why is Google Clod a Trustworthy DigitalOcean Alternative?
- A vast network – Google Cloud has servers in over 200 countries.
- A modern infrastructure – Google Cloud supports critical workloads, enabling for enterprise-grade projects.
- Complete control and simple access – Manage your cloud servers from any device, and access actionable insights and predictive analytics at any time.
- Iron-clad security – Google Cloud provides security tools for identifying and preventing cyber attacks as they occur.
- Improved storage – To support any material you have, upload high-resolution, big files to the Google Cloud platform.
- Infrastructure hybrid -Google offers several alternatives, including a hybrid network, an on-premise server, and a multi-cloud network.
Google Cloud Pricing
Google is undoubtedly a contender for the lowest cost among DigitalOcean rivals, but it’s tough to say due to intermittent reductions and complex price listings.
However, you sign up for a free trial, a pay-as-you-go system, and the chance to terminate your subscription without penalty.
What’s odd is that the Google Cloud costs mentioned on the website are incredibly unclear, which is counter to how Google normally handles pricing.
We recommend taking a look at this price list. Here are some usage-based pricing examples:
- $16 monthly for 3.75 GB RAM Storage and bandwidth are calculated individually, with storage costing $.02 per GB per month and bandwidth costing $.12 per GB per month.
- Approximately $62 per month for 15 GB of RAM and 4 CPUs.
- $124 a month for eight CPUs and thirty gigabytes of RAM.
The good news is that many cloud services are available for free via Google Cloud. Furthermore, you may keep expanding up until the cost reaches hundreds of dollars per month. Even though the charges aren’t displayed clearly on the website, Google Cloud pricing is variable.
Best DigitalOcean Alternative #4 -- Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services, or AWS, has grown in popularity as a means to use Amazon’s highly secure and efficient server farms. A diverse range of items are available, each with its own unique name.
For example, the cloud hosting service is known as Amazon EC2, while the cloud storage service is known as S3 (Amazon Simple Storage Service).
Why Amazon Web Services is The Best DigitalOcean Alternative
- True virtual computing – All computing is done through a digital interface that allows you to launch instances and load apps from any device.
- Compute performance optimization – In terms of optimization and performance, Amazon EC2 is adaptable, enabling you to pick your own processing capacity or let Amazon decide and modify for you.
- Software access – Amazon offers free or reduced access to a variety of commercial software alternatives, including Drupal and SAP.
- Multiple supported operating systems – You may choose between Linux, Windows, CentOS, and Debian.
An improved networking formula – Amazon employs a networking method that improves speed while decreasing CPU utilisation.
- Computing clusters – To prevent security risks and increase speed, your workloads are distributed across a broad network of computers.
- Automatic scaling – When utilising Amazon EC2, demand spikes are automatically accounted for. You are not need to contact Amazon in order to obtain further materials. It has been completed for you.
Amazon Cloud Services Pricing
Amazon EC2 is available in five different configurations: on-demand, savings plans, reserved instances, spot instances, and dedicated hosts.
Please investigate all price options. On-demand pricing makes the most sense for comparison as a DigitalOcean option.
The price scale is as follows, with Linux examples:
- $0.0255 per hour for one CPU, two gigabytes of memory, and EBS storage only.
- $0.192 per hour for four CPUs, sixteen gigabytes of memory, and EBS-only storage.
- $0.412 per hour for eight CPUs, 32 GB of RAM, and one 300 NVMe SSD.
Best DigitalOcean Alternative #5 -- Linode
Linode offers a developer cloud without the difficulties seen in other market rivals. It only operates on Linux PCs and offers cloud networking, server administration, and storage products and services.
Why is Linode the best DigitalOcean substitute?
- A sleek cloud manager – The Linode interface is mobile-friendly and offers a new approach to authorization settings and server administration.
- A robust content delivery network – Linode data centres throughout the world are used to send all material from server to server.
- App integrations – Integrate your workflow with well-known apps and tools such as WordPress and GitLab.
- High-end storage – Choose between block and object storage, with the added benefit of automatic backups.
Improved networking – The Linode network is supported by node balancers and a DNS manager.
- User-friendliness – Linode is one of the most user-friendly cloud hosts, with complete API access, one-click applications, and easy user administration.
- Multiple cloud services – Select from managed, self-managed, or professional services.
Linode pricing is significantly easy to grasp than the other choices on our list, and it comes with one of the simplest cloud hosting dashboards.
Pricing may be found here, and examples can be seen below:
- $5 per month for one CPU, a 25 GB SSD, and one terabyte of transfer space.
- $40 per month for four CPUs, a 160 GB SSD, and five TB of transfer space.
- $480 per month for 20 CPUs, a 1920 GB SSD, and a transfer capacity of 20 TB.
There are other designs with high memory, block storage, node balancer, GPU, and dedicated CPU.
How To Choose The Best DigitalOcean Alternative
The above qualities are excellent for evaluating cloud hosting services. However, we recommend visiting each website to check prices, as you may discover declining returns based on your requirements.
If you have any queries regarding locating the best DigitalOcean alternatives, please leave them in the comments!